Grants Finance Manager Job, Kenyan Finance Vacancies 2022,
Grants Finance Manager (Fixed term contract for 2 years)
Finance, East Africa
Aga Khan University, Nairobi
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. AKU has seven hospitals and over 250 outreach health centres. The University is a non-denominational institution open to all, irrespective of religion, ethnicity, gender or national origin. Since 2001, AKU has offered academic programmes in nursing, medicine, and education for and in countries in East Africa.
The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As a leading international institution dedicated to excellence and change, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access
Reporting to the Senior Manager Finance, East Africa, the Grants Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting project programmatic and Research grants leading to the execution of projects on a stipulated budget and compliance environment. The position holder will also be responsible for accurate and timely reporting to the Project lead, granting agencies and donors and ensures that the project has sufficient cash flow to run.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Working closely with faculty, Grants and contracts departments, Bilateral and Multilateral department in preparing/reviewing of proposed project financial proposal. This includes review of checklist to confirm that the university has accurately costed project costs.
- Review draft contracts from granting agencies to ensure that the university’s financial position is accurately reflected and protected.
- Reviewing grant agreements for university sub-awards to ensure that they are compliant with the main donor requirements and University financial policies
- Review/ Approve requisitions from Project leads to ensure that they are within the project budget and are compliant to the grant agency requirement.
- Timely preparation of monthly reports to project leads and reports to granting agencies of the financial position of the project.
- Continuous training of project staff and sub awardees on the compliance environment.
- Preparation of funds withdrawal applications to ensure that the projects have sufficient cash flow.
- Monthly project account to ensure that core recovery is accurately and timely captured.
- Supporting the PI to close the financial operations of the project at the end of the project.
- Working closely with the Grants and Contract departments to ensure that the various project budget costs are deactivated and that all outstanding matters have been resolved.
- Manage the departmental succession plan, performance appraisal process, training needs & calendar and leave schedule for the department team members
Relevant Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business/ Finance related field.
- CPA or ACCA or CMA qualification or equivalent
- Master’s degree in project management and/or development finance will be an added advantage
- More than 10 years of experience in a big organization (with 100+ employees) with exposure to financial planning, reporting, analysis, grant budgets and day to day accounting functions. Having supervisory skills/experience in managing a team
of 5-10 people.
- Possess great communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of accuracy, timeliness, and a very strong attention to detail.
- Good People management skills
- Managing expectations of finance heads and entity heads
How to Apply
Closing Date: 23/12/2022, 9:59:00 PM