Digital Media Coordinator Job at Aga Khan University
The Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, not for profit, international University first established in 1983, with 11 teaching sites in eight countries. Applications are invited from appropriately qualified candidates for the above position.
Reporting to the Regional Librarian, the incumbent based in Nairobi Kenya, will be required to coordinate Digital Media Services, promoting application of new media technologies and supervising production of a wide range of multimedia products appropriate to faculty, students and staff of AKU; and to effectively support the teaching, learning and research objectives of the University.
Digital Media Co-ordinator Responsibilities
- Lead the Digital Media Section in planning, developing and implementing digital media services
- Participate in budget and planning
- Coordinate photography and videography services and manage production of high quality products
- Coordinate the implementation and management of AKU Copyright clearance system
- Promote application of new media technologies in teaching and learning
- Administer AKU Libraries’ social media accounts
- Coordinate professional production of publicity materials
- Oversee implementation and updating of AKU digital repository and design of information portals (intranet, website)
- Develop LibGuides and Subject Guides for AKU Libraries and academic programmes
- Support recruitment and performance management of Digital media section staff
Qualifications for the Digital Media Co-ordinator Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Digital Media Technology or its equivalent. A Master’s Degree in a similar field is preferable
- Minimum of 5 years working experience preferably in a busy and reputable academic institution
- Proficiency in graphic design, web design and in using web development tools
- Technical skills in Mac Operating System and Windows platforms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
How to Apply
Your application together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to, the Manager, Human Resources, Aga Khan University-Nairobi. P. O. Box 30270-00100, NAIROBI or by email to [email protected] Applications by email are preferred.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by September 4, 2017
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.