Unit Assistant, Nursing (Temporary) Job, Current Nursing Jobs In Kenya,
Unit Assistant- Temporary, Nursing – (220000VJ)
Entity: Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Nursing Manager, Nursing.
- Assists the nurse with basic nursing care activities such as bathing patients, turning, mobilizing and oral feeding.
- Prepares beds for admissions, and ensures requirements for each bed space such as oxygen and suction apparatus are available and in working order
- Carbonizes beds upon patient discharge, and cleans other unit equipment such as BP machines, infusion pumps, bedside lockers, drip stands, bed pans and procedure trolleys using infection control cleaning guidelines
- Responsible for cleanliness and tidiness of utility and linen rooms.
- Escorts stable patients to various diagnostic and procedure departments
- Assists the nurse to maintain patient’s bed space and the unit as a whole clean and tidy
- Assists the nurse manager in linen management. This includes sending dirty linen to laundry, receiving clean ones and maintaining linen inventory book
- Ensures used procedure packs are returned complete to CSSD.
- Performs messangerial duties within and outside the unit.
- Receives incoming calls and refers them to the appropriate persons.
- Alerts the nurse manager about dissatisfied clients, incidences and any other unusual occurrences in the unit.
- Minimum O ’level Certificate.
- Heart saver certification.
- Experience as patient attendant or care giver in an acute or tertiary health facility
How To Apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.