Portfolio Manager Job, Current Finance Kenyan Jobs,
About the Opportunity
Portfolio Manager will be a trusted partner of AEC Kenya clients with the responsibilities below:
DUE DILIGENCE and FACILITY/INVESTMENT PREPARATION (40% time)
- Respond to inquiries from prospective borrowers, support them to apply for our investment products,
- Introduce the investment products to entrepreneurs, explaining the requirements for repayment and the seriousness of taking on debt financing,
- Conduct due diligence on prospective borrowers, including site visits, document preparation, coordination with the Business Development Associates and Business Associates, etc.
- Communicate all materials to the Senior Portfolio Manager/ Regional Portfolio Director and assist in preparing credit reports for Investment Committee meetings,
- Take photos of entrepreneurs, have them sign photo waivers, and post their stories on the Kiva platform.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT (40% time)
- Offer excellent customer service through daily conversations, correspondence, and site visits as needed to maintain strong positive relationships with borrowers,
- Work with Business Development Services team to ensure borrower success, and Visit clients for monitoring,
- Track information about borrowers and communicate effectively with key stakeholders about client status,
- Actively participate as key staff in the weekly Portfolio Review Meeting,
- Maintain a tracking system of borrower payments and contact information,
- Interact with government leaders, the court system, refugee’s and host communities’ stakeholders and others for follow up on lack of payments,
- Work with the Finance Director/Senior Finance Associate to produce invoices for payments,
- Ensure that we are adhering to the requirements of our Kiva partnership, including reporting and journaling,
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
TEAM AND GROWTH MANAGEMENT (20% time)
- Supervising and training Investment Officers staff in all steps of the investment granting cycle including:
- Acquisition and screening of potential clients,
- Active monitoring of investment repayments and overall performance,
- Investment assessment, appraisal and disbursement.
- Chairing credit/facility committees under the portfolio manager’s approval rights.
- University degree in Finance or another related field
- Must speak fluent English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of other local languages will be an added advantage
- Experience in Islamic lending and practice is preferred
- Experience in investment management, microfinance, capital leases, and access to finance for Micro businesses and SMEs is STRONGLY preferred
- Experience in lending, group savings is strongly preferred
- Experience in lending products development is a MUST
- Experience in managing investment staff
- Experience providing business advice to entrepreneurs and dealing with customers/debt
- Prior experience in using Investment management system software
- Decisive individuals with the ability to deliver unpleasant messages to the debtors and assertive enough to get the debtors to pay off the entire debt
- Experience in managing difficult clients and reaching positive outcomes
- Very strong attention to details and good follow-through,
- Comfort with the civil court system, collateral registration and previous experience in litigation is preferred
- Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills.
- 5+ years of work experience in the relevant or applicable field
- Must be able to legally work in Kenya
What You’ll Get
- The fun, collaborative work environment
- Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Kenya (Garissa & Dadaab)
- Competitive benefit package – health insurance, staff savings program, parental leave, sabbatical program, and more
Deadline: 10th March 2022
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.