Advocacy Officer Jobs, County Government Jobs, Makueni County Jobs
Terms of Service: Three (3) years contract
Salary: Job Group K
Salary Scale: Ksh. 35,400 x 1,600 – 37,000 x 1,660 – 38,660 x 1,750 – 40,410 x1,850 – 42,260 x 1,930 – 44,190 x 2,040 – 46,230 p.m.
- Research and develop educational programmes and resources for schools, & community groups or visitors to sites of special environmental interest
- Promote educational programmes and resources to the target audience through leaflets, newsletters, websites, and in some cases, social media
- Liaise with colleagues, teachers and community groups on the design and delivery of educational programmes in Makueni
- Give talks in schools or to community groups on environmental issues
- Teach groups and interpret the natural environment for them on-site by leading guided walks and answering questions
- Organise events and activities to raise awareness of environmental issue
- Train teachers, in the use of resources and in delivering educational session
- Research and collate scientific data for publication
- Supervise and coordinate work with volunteers in Environmental matter
- Act as a point of contact for teachers, educationalists and colleagues and respond to requests for information on educational issue
- Generate income for projects through fundraising activities for external funding
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programmes and write reports on educational programmes
- Advise on and draft environmental education policies and strategies
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Soil Science Environmental Engineering/ Nature Conservation and Natural Resource Management / Forestry or any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution; and Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
How To Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Friday, 15th February, 2019.
All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.