Warehouse & Inventory Manager Job, Procurement Jobs 2021,
Role title: Warehouse & Inventory Manager
PG Bison [Kenya] Ltd was established in September 2002 targeting supplies of interior decorative building materials to the Construction and Furniture sector in East Africa. As they endeavor to provide good quality and service, PG Bison actively strives to operate in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner. They are seeking to recruit a Warehouse and Inventory Manager to join their team.
The Warehouse & Inventory Manager is responsible for overseeing the inventory levels of businesses, lead a warehouse team to receive and record new stock as it’s delivered and shipped out including the daily records deliveries, evaluating new shipments, and analyzing different suppliers.
- Develop strong, positive customer relationships by providing information about orders, answering questions about products, checking in on problems and demonstrating top customer service skills at all times
- Managing warehouse operations in a way that best suits the company’s vision and policies
- Modernizing inventory and fulfillment operations and warehouse technologies
- Overseeing receipt and proper storage of warehoused product
- Controlling and verifying the inventory levels by conducting regular physical counts and reconciling with the data system (ERP)
- Maintaining the warehouse’s physical conditions: 1) general cleanliness and 2) organization, layout and design in a way that will ensure maximum space utilization
- Safeguarding the warehouse contents by establishing procedures and protocols for proper storage and fulfillment practices
- Working directly with the Operations Managers/Production Manager to oversee and prioritize the distribution of outgoing orders and oversee the fulfillment staff to meet these goals
- Coordinating with the Logistics team and to schedule outbound orders
- Working directly with the Purchasing department to ensure proper stocking levels are maintained
- Managing fulfillment staff and their daily operations: assign tasks accordingly, monitoring tasks, and appraise job results
- Maintaining fulfillment staff: recruiting, training, and counseling in accordance with company policies
- Processing returned goods and ensure all return processes are completed correctly and efficiently
- Complying to all company policies as well as local requirements/legislation
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Perform quarterly cycle counts and reconciliation. Lead investigations to determine root cause and action items associated with variances.
- Perform any other duties as required by management.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or relevant field
- At least five (5) years in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ERP)
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
How to apply
Click here to submit your application on our recruitment portal.
This will require you to create a profile and in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements. Your application should be sent to us by 20th May 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.