Chief Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, USIU Jobs
The Chief Accountant is in-charge of all accounting activities and is responsible for preparing financial and performance reports, assisting departments with annual budgets and reviews, internal control and cash flow planning.
- Oversee the finance and accounting department
- Implement sound internal controls to safeguard the university assets.
- Manage all sections of the accounting department by ensuring timely reporting and efficient delivery of service.
- Prepare the department’s annual budget.
- Monitor implementation of the university’s revenue collection and credit policies.
- Monitor the student billing system each semester for correctness.
- Lead the annual audit by preparing the final accounts and audit schedules, and ensuring tax compliance.
- Lead other external audits e.g. tax audits, NSSF audits etc.
- Ensure integrity of all accounting ledgers by regular analysis of the trial balance.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget by ensuring timelines are adhered, to, departmental budgets are correctly captured and budget forecasts are reasonable.
- Liaise with students, sponsors/guardian on payment plans
- Review tuition refunds to ensure correctness
- Review supplier payments, cheques, RTGS and EFT payments for approvals, USIU’s tax liability and correct documentation.
- Perform cash planning and ensure a stable cash flow for the university
- Review payrolls to ensure accuracy and correct statutory remittances
- Approve petty cash payments as per the finance policy and ensuring the petty cash payments are accounted for.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business
- CPA (K);
- Relevant Master’s degree;
- Must be a member, in good standing, of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya ( ICPAK)
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Served as Senior Accountant for a minimum of 6 years;
- Computer Literacy
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and budgeting
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organizational skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good customer service skills
- Decision making skills
How To Apply
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to [email protected] by Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
United States International University – Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.