Breakfast Chef Job, Hotel Jobs Kenya,
Position: Breakfast Chef
As a breakfast chef you would be responsible to prepare and deliver to breakfast service, providing a high standard of fresh food to the hotel restaurant.
Undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen daily and take full responsibility and accountability for the Breakfast Shift. Additionally ensuring that all policies and procedures laid down by management are implemented.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing?
- Take control of the breakfast service and ensure guests receive a truly delicious and memorable breakfast
- Ensure the kitchen is always kept clean and hygienic.
- Ensure all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- Ensure all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Ensure all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- Ensure the department is operated within the appropriate legislation and the appropriate records are maintained up to date.
- Ensure any anticipated issues are communicated promptly to the Head Chef.
- Ensure all staff under your control are treated fairly and with courtesy.
- Ensuring and controlling levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Collect feedback from the guest during the breakfast session and report to Head chef on any complaints or issues.
- Monitor and ensuring that the production, preparation, and presentation of food are always of the highest quality.
- Personal grooming and appearance standards are met regarding cleanliness, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Assist with producing menus and new dishes.
- Liaise with sous chefs regarding daily raw materials for breakfast
- Have a good knowledge on health & safety, hygiene, equal opportunities, HACCP and any other legislation.
Your experience and skills include
- Diploma in food and beverage.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Must be guest-oriented, have a vibrant personality, and radiate enthusiasm to assist people
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Must be computer literate
How to apply
Click here to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.