Managing Director (CEO) Job, Latest Administration Vacancies,
As a member of the Absa Regional Operations (ARO) Executive Leadership team, reporting to the Absa Kenya Board and the Chief Executive ARO, the role is responsible for the financial performance profit and loss Absa Bank Kenya and any of its subsidiaries.
The Managing Director is accountable for growing the overall Absa franchise through ensuring the development and (with board approval) execution of relevant strategies whilst protecting and enhancing the franchise’s profile and reputation with all internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate for the role will demonstrate a track record of high-performance leadership within the banking sector, with significant experience of and exposure to banking in the African context. The role is responsible for the financial performance profit and loss Absa Bank Kenya and any of its subsidiaries.
- The Absa Kenya Managing Director is expected to demonstrate the following background and attributes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with at least ten (10) years of experience in commercial banking at senior management level, ideally as CEO or member of the C-Suite
- Extremely well-developed senior-level influencing, stakeholder management and conflict management skills.
- Very strong networking skills – networked externally and adept at building upon exiting relationships.
- Able to work in a complex matrix environment.
- Able to influence at the highest levels through clear, informed, and logical argument.
- Intellectually strong with good strategic and analytical capabilities.
- In-depth understanding of financial services, both insurance and banking product knowledge.
- In-depth understanding of regulatory environments.
- In-depth understanding of balance sheet management.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels (both verbal and written).
- Excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends.
- Strong credit risk analysis skills.
- Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to solutions, both internally and externally.
- Team creation and co-ordination skills to mobilise and manage product specialists.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Well-developed understanding of the needs of external and internal customers.
- Able to lead change – including leading people through change.
How to Apply