Head of Retail Business Distribution Job, Sales & Marketing Jobs in Kenya February 2022,
First Assurance Company Ltd.
To develop and maintain a customer relationship portfolio of customers within the retail segment in respect to their business requirements including maximizing customer sales, service and profit performance at First Assurance Kenya. Employ devise and deliver a wide range of agreed marketing strategies and initiatives to support the achievement of the set business strategies of the in country insurance services. Position the business to compete in the chosen markets, delivering growth in the customer base and income targets.
Revenue Growth and Profitability
- Champion and manage business acquisition strategic plan by growing GWP in line with the Company’s growth strategy for the retail segment through retention, generic growth and acquisition of new business.
- Acquiring and developing new key accounts and strategic partnerships by reactivating dormant accounts.
- Drive First Assurance profitability objective by growing a balanced portfolio within the retail segment by initiating partnerships to drive profitable products with key partners alongside other initiatives.
- Coordinate training of intermediaries and clients within the retail segment to increase understanding and uptake of the company’s products
- Identify emerging markets/risks in the respective Business streams and develops solutions
- Manage agreements with channel partners and ensure consistent compliance by all parties.
- Champion new product development / product review by seeking for gaps / solutions in the market guided by technical feasibility, commercial viability, market compatibility and ensure alignment with customer requirements, financial attractiveness and product development guidelines.
- Support with collection efforts and ensure compliance with the company’s credit policy
- Use strong negotiation skills, to ensure that the appropriate targets, pricing and Margins are secured for business development opportunities.
- Co-ordinate, manage and represent Business Development interests on the relevant forums by driving key agenda points for First Assurance Kenya.
- Deliver on long term growth, profitability and sales targets by means of acquisitions and specific business development interventions,
- Engage with Branch Managers to maintain visibility and advance regional channels footprint with a partnering intent of growing market share in a given sales area.
- Collaborating with Management on topline goals, planning, forecasting and maintaining short and long – term business development plans in line with the retail business strategy.
- Prepare monthly business development reports detailing initiatives, performance and other related projects/activities.
- Ensure top notch customer experience is provided to all business partners across the entire retail channel
- Establish and maintain professional relationships through networking with key stakeholders including intermediaries within the retail segment.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with key internal stakeholder &
- role players through networking and attending key business events.
- Host regular and relevant functions (as agreed with line management) to seek opportunities to develop strong relationships and business bonds
- Manage the relationship with key regional stakeholders through networking in the region to ensure optimal value add of business development through established relations with intermediaries and clients with the retail space to ensure the continuous enhancement and improvement of customer retention initiatives.
- Collect market intelligence through research by reading articles, publications, internet, word of mouth and networking on a daily basis to keep abreast of market developments.
- Assess market opportunities with respect to competitor sales sources by remaining in touch with market forces and influences
- Oversee the activities of the Retail Business network to ensure effective delivery of business strategy.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching.
- Determine and analyze development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Establish and maintain a succession plan for the team
- Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from Human Resources.
Risk & Control
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in compliance with all regulatory requirements, ABSA Operational Risk Framework and internal First Assurance/ABSA Policies and Standards
Education and Experience Required (Maximum of 6)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related course (Insurance Option, Marketing, Business administration and Finance) or equivalent from recognized university.
- Insurance qualification in ACII or AIIK.
- Professional marketing and sales certifications are essential
- 10 (Ten) years ‘Insurance experience with at least with at least five (5) years at senior management level/Similar position.
- Practical sales and marketing experience preferably in the service industry
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Communication, Networking & Interpersonal skills & Presentations skills
- Stakeholders management skills
- Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications: Insurance and Risk Management (Required)
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.