Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Accountant Job, Latest Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
Reporting to the Innovations & Partnerships Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports & statements, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for supportive services such as office administration, claims administration by ensuring efficient and seamless settlement of claims to the delight of all stakeholders.
• Maintaining books of accounts while ensuring statutory and management accounts are prepared accurately and submitted on time.
• Convening a fortnightly credit committee meeting, and ensuring debtors are managed effectively. .
• Co-coordinating all tax computations and remittances for the company.
• Safeguarding the company’s assets and resources against loss, theft and ineffective use by installing and maintaining appropriate internal control systems. Report exceptions in the quarterly self-audit report.
• Steering the designing of accounting systems; manage their implementation, maintenance and modification.
• Liaising with external auditors and statutory bodies to ensure compliance as required by the Insurance and Companies Acts.
• Ensuring compliance with finance and accounting standards and regulations.
• Participating in direct preparation of budgets & forecasts, and report performance against actual.
• Efficient and effective management of the company’s business cycle in relation to timely debt collection, timely processing of payments for goods and services rendered.
• Reviewing cash flows and financial requirements for the organization.
• Ensuring ISO standards are implemented and maintained.
• Attend to any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Key Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accountancy, statistics, economics or related subject.
• Certified Public Accountant or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years in a similar position with working experience of; preparation of financial statements, use of comprehensive electronic accounting systems, use of electronic financial analysis & reporting tools.
• High level of integrity especially in regards to confidentiality.
• Strong foundation of basic insurance knowledge including an understanding of underwriting, insurance market trends, finance, statistics and economics.
• Expertise in interpreting information.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Good analytical and quantitative skills.
• Good computer knowledge especially using excel.
• Good decision-making ability.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your applications to the following address: r[email protected] on or before 25th May 2022. Please put the position applied for as the subject of the email
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.